0) Graphic Driver Problems
– For ATI RadeonHD cards (especially x1250 and x1200)
yum install xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd
if /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesnt exist
yum install system-config-display
Run system-config-display –reconfig in terminal.
Option "DRI" "True"
– Or Install fglrx (At the time of writing of post official rpmfusion drivers dont exist)
Hence Fedora 10 ‘s kernel needs to be installed .Refer this post
(Make sure that you use correct driver since ati recently removed support for many cards )
1) Enabling OSS
(This is needed for Real Player 11 as it crashes with ALSA)
(In Root /Sudo Mode)
uncomment line as mentioned
2) Fixing glitchy sound problems.
There are many solutions to the sound problems listed in http://fedoraforums.org
They mainly deal with time scheduling
Other solutions consist of
– Enable OSS (See Above)
– Install OSS v4.x ( This replaces all the ALSA/Pulse Audio kernel modules)
3) Enabling TAP in MousePad / Touchpad
– Temporary Measure
– Permanent Measures
– System > Prefrences > Mouse >Touchpad > Enable mouse clicks
– Modifying xorg.conf
NOTE: IF YOU FIND ANY PROBLEM / ALTERNATE SOLUTION WITH ABOVE FIXES PLEASE POST A COMMENT.
NOTE:All Commands to be entered in terminal in Super User/root mode. (.:. su – or sudo)
1) Setup sudo
In Fedora the root and normal user accounts are different and one can switch between them to do administrative tasks.
However if you want to give a user other than root administrative priviliges
Add to the end
Fedora 11 Leonidas essentials guide
Well Howdy Folks ! ,thou having trouble with getting Fedora 11 Leonidas Up and Running ?
Well then you have come to the right place !!!
NOTE:all commands r to be typed in terminal with sudo or su login or su -c
PS: All yum commands can be replaced by package kit alternatives type “info pkcon” in terminal.
0) PRESTO PLUGIN FOR YUM: Presto is a delta rpm plugin for yum . (Delta rpm is only the difference in old and new version of packages Hence Saves Precious Bandwidth.
yum install yum-presto