0) Graphic Driver Problems
– For ATI RadeonHD cards (especially x1250 and x1200)
yum install xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd
if /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesnt exist
yum install system-config-display
Run system-config-display –reconfig in terminal.
Option "DRI" "True"
– Or Install fglrx (At the time of writing of post official rpmfusion drivers dont exist)
Hence Fedora 10 ‘s kernel needs to be installed .Refer this post
(Make sure that you use correct driver since ati recently removed support for many cards )
1) Enabling OSS
(This is needed for Real Player 11 as it crashes with ALSA)
(In Root /Sudo Mode)
uncomment line as mentioned
2) Fixing glitchy sound problems.
There are many solutions to the sound problems listed in http://fedoraforums.org
They mainly deal with time scheduling
Other solutions consist of
– Enable OSS (See Above)
– Install OSS v4.x ( This replaces all the ALSA/Pulse Audio kernel modules)
3) Enabling TAP in MousePad / Touchpad
– Temporary Measure
– Permanent Measures
– System > Prefrences > Mouse >Touchpad > Enable mouse clicks
– Modifying xorg.conf
NOTE: IF YOU FIND ANY PROBLEM / ALTERNATE SOLUTION WITH ABOVE FIXES PLEASE POST A COMMENT.
NOTE:All Commands to be entered in terminal in Super User/root mode. (.:. su – or sudo)
1) Setup sudo
In Fedora the root and normal user accounts are different and one can switch between them to do administrative tasks.
However if you want to give a user other than root administrative priviliges
Add to the end
Fedora 11 Leonidas essentials guide
Well Howdy Folks ! ,thou having trouble with getting Fedora 11 Leonidas Up and Running ?
Well then you have come to the right place !!!
NOTE:all commands r to be typed in terminal with sudo or su login or su -c
PS: All yum commands can be replaced by package kit alternatives type “info pkcon” in terminal.
0) PRESTO PLUGIN FOR YUM: Presto is a delta rpm plugin for yum . (Delta rpm is only the difference in old and new version of packages Hence Saves Precious Bandwidth.
yum install yum-presto
Fedora 11 Leonidas has been released today (9th June 2009).
10 Reasons for you to Download it now
1) DNSSEC (DNS Security Extensions) – services protect against most of the threats to the Domain Name System
2) 20 sec Boot up time being the fastest in Major desktop Linux distributions
3) EXT4 As default file system which raises max file system size up to 1 Exabyte and max file size to 16 TB boosts computers overall speed
4) Xserver 1.6 = Better Graphics (however ctrl+alt+backspace combo is disabled by default)
5) RPM 4.7 reduces the memory consumption (of packaging process)
6) Much more responsive synaptic touchpad
7) Automatic Fonts & Mime Installer – Allows programs on the desktop to automatically install applications, fonts, multimedia capabilities, and clipart.
8)Fingerprint Readers – Support for finger print authentication on some devices.
9) Volume Control (Widget) – An awesome, flexible volume control.
10) MinGW Cross-compiler – Build and test Microsoft Windows programs directly from fedora without getting blue screens