Decrease Windows Vista Shutdown Time:
Vista By default gives 20 secs fro applications to shutdown before taking matters into its own hands by changing this delay shutdown can be made faster:
1) Copy the text into a text editor such as notepad and save it as name.reg , replace name by any you like.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control] "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="20000"
2) Now 20000 indicates as 20 sec so changing it to anything above 5000 will be ok.
3) DO NOT PUT IT BELOW 3000 AS THE SUDDEN SHUTDOWN MAY CAUSE SOME DATA BEING WRITTEN TO BE CORRUTPTED.
4) Save and run the file press continue ( UAC) then press yes then press ok.
5) If you want to restore the origanl settings redit the REG file setting back to 20000 and re run it.
Alternately use “shutdown -s -t 5” in Run command.
Or save as shortcut. as in location box.